Saturday, January 19, 2008

Installation : East London Art Squat 2001




My creative urge seems to involve a fascination with the bringing together of random seemingly unconnected elements to produce something new and different. I was once invited to test a new psychometric test of creativity based upon peoples attractions to different colour and shades, so I accepted the opportunity as a means for personal exploration. The test was linked to a database that matches your personality profile to significant people (as ideal types)throughout history. I was flattered to be matched me with the surrealist artist Max Ernst. The person conducting the test had no way of knowing that I had previously studied the surrealist movement as an example of deviant art, or that Max Ernst and Rene Magritte, were two of my favourite artists, so it was a very insightful experience for both of us.

No comments: